If setup correctly Emergency SOS will sound an emergency alarm at FULL VOLUME on your iPhone. The emergency SOS can also automatically call the emergency services with 3 seconds (if not cancelled).
Make sure you have this setting turned on on your own and your kids iPhones and know how to use it.
How to turn on Emergency SOS on your iPhone
- Go to Settings – Emergency SOS
- Make sure ALL sliders are set to ON (green)
- The Call with Side Button turns on the Emergency SOS option (when you press power button 5 times)
- Auto Call turns on autodial option – will call the emergency services automatically when triggered
- Countdown Sound sounds the emergency alarm at full volume (at the bottom)
How to use Emergency SOS
- Press the Power Button FIVE TIMES quickly