It is possible to save pretty much anything as a pdf using the Print menu. Documents in Pages, Spreadsheets in Numbers and even photographs from Photos.
If you don’t already know PDF’s are really useful. They are a type of electronic document which can be opened and read on any device. PDF documents, act similar to a photo, will look the same no matter how they are viewed and they can be made secure so they are often used when sending documentation via email.
- Open the document/spreadsheet/photo/whatever you want to turn into a pdf.
- Make sure the document is complete and a final version has been saved (saving as a pdf is like photographing or printing the final product, if you make any changes in the document after creating the pdf you will have to create a new pdf).
- Select File – Print.
- From the bottom lefthand corner select PDF – Save as PDF.
- From the Save menu, enter a name for your pdf in Save As:
- Select a location to save your pdf.
Adding a Password
- If you want (or need) to add a password to secure the pdf select Security Options…
- Tick the security options that you need:
- Require password to open document
- Require password to copy text, images and other content
- Require password to print document
- Enter and Verify your password .
- Press OK to confirm.
- Press Save.
- The document will be saved in the location you selected and can be opened from the Finder menu or by selecting Attach a document in an email.