Every time you download something on your Mac it disappears into the depths of the Downloads folder and finding it, if you don’t have it sorted correctly, can be a real pain. Here is a quick guide on how to sort documents in your Finder to make them easier to Find!
- You will usually find your Downloads in the bottom right hand corner of your Mac screen, next to the Trash
- Click on the Download (it will show an image of the last item downloaded)
- To view all Downloads, select Open in Finder
- This will open the Finder window
- Use the Item Grouping button (top left) to change the order your Downloads are displayed
- From the dropdown list select Date Added, this will sort your downloads list so that the most recently added download is displayed first. Especially useful as you don’t always know the name of the download